Chicken Parm is one of the dishes at every Italian restaurant around the world because it's delicious! But it needed a low carb makeover.
|Almond meal||80 Gram|
|Finely grated parmesan||40 Gram|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon (plus extra to serve)|
|Chicken breast schnitzels||4|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (to shallow fry, plus extra to drizzle)|
|Tomato pasta sauce||80 Milliliter|
|Smoked ham slices||4|
|Coarsely grated fresh mozzarella||50 Gram|
|Cauliflower||1 1/10 Kilogram (trimmed, cut into florets)|
|Thick cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. So to start were going to prep our breading mixture, firstly place the almond meal onto a wide plate, and add in chopped fresh parsley along with grated parmesan cheese. Mix it well until everything is combined well.
2. Ive got a chicken breast with I have cut in half and removed the tenderloin and then flattened the breast. I also have beaten egg on a plate which I am going to dip and coat the chicken in, once throughly coated I transfer that onto the crumb mixture and coat all sides, press down firmly and place the chicken on a baking tray ready for frying.
3. For the cauliflower mash, into a saucepan add butter, the cauliflower and pour over heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper and cook with the lid on over a medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Once the cauliflower is cooked, break down and puree using a stick blender, making sure to get it as smooth as you can. Place back into the pot to keep warm until serving.
4. Into a pan, add butter and olive oil over a medium high heat and then place in the crumbed chicken. Your just after a nice crust on both sides, the rest of the cooking will be done in the oven. Each side should only need 2-3 minutes.
5. Place back onto the tray with fresh baking paper, and dollop over tomato puree, lay 2 sliced of ham on the top and then add grated cheddar cheese. Place into the oven at 200C or 400f for 4-6 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
6. Serve with the cauliflower mash, fresh parsley, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. When you slice into it you’ll see how juicy and tender it is, rich in flavour that will make you forget that your actually missing all the carbs.