In less time than it takes to order UberEats you can have this delicious meal on the table for the whole family to enjoy.
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Penne pasta||175 Gram|
|Cherry tomatoes||250 Gram|
|Shredded cooked skinless chicken breast||250 Gram|
|Trimmed kale||100 Gram|
|Finely grated parmesan||20 Gram|
1. So to start, over a high heat add extra virgin olive oil. Then add chopped leeks and sweat them down for a minute or so, turn the heat down to medium and add in the crushed garlic, along with the cherry tomatoes, next zest one lemon into the mix and stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
2. The tomatoes will start to break down slightly and ooze flavour into the dish creating its own sauce.
3. While thats cooking, start on cooking you pasta, I’m using penne pasta but you choose what you prefer or have in the pantry. Cook in salted water following the packet directions.
4. Back over to the vegetables, next add in the zucchini, broccoli and kale. You want these vegetables to hold there shape and not go all mushy, so make sure not to overcook them, they should be tender but not really soft which will take around 7 minutes.
5. Finally and this is optional, add in some shredded left over chicken or pick up a roast chicken from your local store and bring it home after a busy day at work or school. You can of course leave the chicken out, add bacon or roast your own chicken at home its completely up to you.
6. Finally drain and add the pasta to the mix, along with about a 1/2 cup of the pasta water, I also mix in some grated parmesan right at the end. Mix everything well over a high heat for 2 minutes and the dish is ready to serve.
7. To serve, pile high into bowls and top with more parmesan and fresh parsley. In less time than it take uber to get food to your door you can have this wonderful home cooked meal ready that the whole family will enjoy.