1939 Macaroni and Cheese With Tomato Recipe
|Macaroni||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Milliliter|
|Grated cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. Boil a small pot of salted water and cook the macaroni just until almost done.
2. While the macaroni boils, cook the onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
3. In another pot, melt the butter and then stir in the flour.
4. Cook the flour until it just starts to brown, then stir in the tomatoes.
5. Drain the macaroni and place in an 8X8" baking dish.
7. Stir the cheese into the macaroni and then spread the tomato over top.
8. sprinkle on the bread crumbs and bake until heated through and crumbs are browned.
9. Serve hot and Enjoy!