Keto Bread Sticks loaded with cheese you need in your life right now!
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) , grated|
|Almond flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Psyllium husk powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ricotta cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) , grated|
1. Firstly, into a bowl add the egg, then I’m adding in ricotta cheese, now you can sub this out for cream cheese if you wish but I do love the ricotta and the fluffiness it gives the bread.
2. Stir the egg and ricotta well, then add in a mix of dried Italian herbs.
3. Next I add the almond flour, baking powder and finally psyllium husk powder which helps bind and stabilise the bread, giving it a great outside crust but soft fluffy centre.
4. Mix well and place the dough onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and then place on top a silicone baking mat.
5. Press down until you have about 1/2 inch thickness, place the bread into a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes remove the silicone mat and scatter garlic powder over the top, then cover it with grated mozzarella cheese and finally another sprinkle of dried Italian herbs.
6. Place it back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
7. Take out of the oven, slice thickly and serve immediately. I love serving this with a fresh tomato puree for dipping and as you can see the inside is so fluffy while the outside has a wonderful crust. It makes for an amazing snack, and one you can easily switch up to a sweet recipe by keeping the base ingredients but adding a sugar substitute and cinnamon - either way its a must have on a low carb diet.