Need Keto recipe inspiration? Look no further! These cheesy bacon ranch chicken breasts are low carb keto friendly and full on with flavour!
|Streaky bacon pieces||4|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||4|
|Grated mozzarella||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed dried herbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. So into a saucepan over a medium to high heat I’m adding some olive oil along with some bacon strips. Now we want the bacon crispy, so let all that fat render down and cook both sides for around 5-7 minutes, you want that bacon almost frying in its own fat. Remove the bacon from the pan and leave aside but leave all the bacon fat, thats flavour we want to use.
2. Next add in your chicken breasts, I’m leaving mine thick but you could easily cut them in half if you wanted too. Season both sides with salt and pepper and leave them to cook for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through, this is depending on the size of them obviously. Keep that low to medium heat, make sure you turn them every 5 minutes.
3. While the chicken is cooking let get started on our ranch seasoning, sure you can buy it buts its easier to make - into a bowl I add garlic powder, dried milk powder, onion powder, mixed dried herbs and dried parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix together well. The other steps you can do while the chicken is cooking is cut your bacon into pieces and chop up some fresh chives.
4. Once cooked sprinkle over the ranch seasoning and quickly flip them for only a second and then flip back. This just seals in that seasoning on the chicken, sprinkle over grated mozzarella cheese, place on the foil and allow to melt - this will only take a minute or two.
5. Now sprinkle over the bacon pieces and you’re ready to serve.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: One little tip I’ll give you about cooking whole chicken breasts in a pan is to place over foil on the top, this acts like an oven and keeps the chicken nice and juicy and stops it drying out.