This air fried Chicken Parm is everything you love about the original but way more convenient and healthier. Tender juicy chicken on the inside, crunchy Parmesan coating with extra cheese and a rich tomato sauce - this is the best meal youll make this week!
|Chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Dried breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed dried italian herbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Pasta sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan etc))|
|Fresh basil/Parsley||To Taste|
1. So to start lets prep the chicken, Ive got a large chicken breast that I have cut in half so I get two portions from each breast. Place down some baking paper and evenly flatten out the chicken to around 1/2 centimetre thin. You can use the base of a heavy pan or rolling pin if you dont have a meat hammer. Now leave aside while we work on the crumb.
2. So into a small bowl add in 2 cups of dried breadcrumbs, you can buy them or make them yourself from leftover bread - you can see here Ive got a combination of dried whole grain bread, white and wholemeal bread - it just give it a better flavour. To that add in 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese along with 1 tablespoon of mixed dried Italian herbs. I’m thinking about selling my own herb & spice range so if you’re interested in something like that let me know in the comments. Give everything a good mix around until combined well and leave aside.
3. Now to get the breading station ready, simply whisk two eggs and place them on a long plate and on the other plate spread around the Parmesan breading. Now simply place the chicken into the beaten eggs and get them evenly coated, then pop it into the crumbs and really work those crumbs into the chicken. Use your hands and really get in there and work it, now you can leave it here but I do love extra padding so I’m going to double dip my chicken for a even thicker than oatmeal coating - so I place back into the beaten eggs, coat everything well again and then place back into the crumbs and again really rub and press in the crumb mixture.
4. So now its time to air fry, I place down some baking paper and on top I lay down the chicken parmi, give it a few coats of cooking spray and place in the air fryer for 6 minutes at 180c or 350f. After 6 minutes pull it out and it should be golden brown, now spoon over 1-2 tablespoons of tomato pasta sauce, spread it out to the sides but leave a gap and finally place over shredded mixed cheese, I’ve got some mozzarella, cheddar and more Parmesan. Now place back into the air fryer for 3 more minutes, what you’ll have is perfectly melted cheese and a golden crust. Pull the chicken parm out and its ready to serve.
5. I throw down some fresh chopped parsley or basil whichever you have and get stuck in immediately. I cant begin to tell you how good this is and its so easy to make for the whole family, serve it with pasta and the rest of the pasta sauce or have it on its on I guarantee you’ll enjoy it.