This One Pan Keto Carbonara recipe is perfect for those busy nights that you need a quick dinner served up without fuss. Full of cauliflower, bacon and cheese the flavour in this keto recipe is amazing.
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Diced bacon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Heavy cream||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. So into a deep saucepan I add extra virgin olive oil and then chopped bacon.
2. Cook the bacon until the fat starts to render and softens which should take around 3 minutes over that medium to high heat.
3. Next I stir in the cauliflower florets, now obviously this isn’t what you would use in a traditional carbonara but if you’re cutting those carbs cauliflower works the best.
4. Mix everything together, all those bacon juices will seep into the cauliflower making them very flavourful. Season with salt and pepper, then add the thickened cream, mix well and turn the heat down to low and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. The mixture will reduce down and thicken and the cauliflower will become lovely and tender.
5. To thicken the sauce even more, I add in an egg yolk along with grated parmesan cheese. Mix together well for another minute and you will see the sauce thicken even more. Remove from the heat and serve.
6. Once serve top with extra parmesan cheese and enjoy.
This is such an easy low carb meal to make, packed with flavour and will satisfy everyone around the table. This also freezes really well so you can meal prep this recipe for the busy week ahead.