Learn how easy it is to make basic meringue with this recipe!
|Cream of tartar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Carefully separate egg whites and yolks over a bowl. Check for shells or yolks.
2. Pour egg whites into a clean glass or metal bowl. Beat the egg whites until just bubbly.
3. Add the cream of tartar. Mix on medium-high speed.
4. When peaks form, slowly add granulated sugar. Mix on medium-high speed between additions. After all the sugar has been added, mix for 2-4 minutes until stiff peaks have formed.
5. Check meringue after mixing for 3-4 minutes. If it is shiny and stiff peaks form when the beaters are lifted, the meringue is done. If not, mix for another minute or two and check again.
6. Spread the meringue onto the pie filling and completely seal the crust.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. The meringue should be toasted brown. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Serve and enjoy!