Soft, tender and melt-in-your-mouth coffee cake full of fresh blueberries in every bite. The sprinkled sugar on top crisps up for the perfect touch of sweetness. We absolutely love this coffee cake for holiday brunches or random Sunday breakfast.
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl beat egg and sugar until thick.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Alternately add flour and milk to the egg mixture. Beat after each addition until blended.
4. Stir in melted butter.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
7. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
9. While still hot, brush the top with the remaining butter. Cool before cutting.
10. *** NOTE *** When making muffins with this recipe I bake them about 18-20 minutes. Check oven to be sure that they spring back before removing.
11. Serve and Enjoy!