These ADORABLE little Christmas trees are not only easy but delicious! Using just a few ingredients and only a few minutes you will have the perfect Christmas treat for Santa. Move over milk and cookies!
|Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||5 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||2 Drop|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste|
|Melted white chocolate||To Taste|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a bowl whisk the egg whites until frothy, but not stiff peaks
3. To the egg whites add the unsweetened coconut, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined completely
If you want- add 2 small drops of green food coloring to give it a slightly green hue. If you don’t want them green- omit this step!
4. Taking about 1/4 cup of the mixture in your hand- squeeze it very tightly making a compact(ish) ball. Add the ball to a parchment lined sheet tray and using your fingers taper the top of the ball, making it into a tree shape. Don’t worry-it won’t be perfect!
5. Once all of the macaroon trees are formed put them into your preheated oven. Bake 12-14 minutes until a slightly golden brown. Be careful- coconut goes from brown to burnt REAL quick!! Keep an eye on them
6. Once they’re cooked you have a couple of options: you can leave them just like that, you can dust them with powdered sugar, or you can drizzle them with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with red and green sprinkles. Your choice! That’s it! A beautiful and festive little treat for the holidays. Merry Christmas!