Start the day in a different way with these low carb frosted flakes
|Unsweetened coconut flakes
|1 1/2 Tablespoon
1. So replacing the corn flake I’m using coconut, but we need to get that crunch on them and stay that way when we pour milk over them. So into container I place in my coconut flakes, and then I sprinkle stevia over the top, mix it around and leave it aside.
2. Next place your egg whites into a large bowl and whisk them until they become frothy, then place in the stevia and coconut and mix them really well. What this is doing is creating that frosted flake like cereal that is going to be crispy but also have some sweetness to it.
3. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and spread out, try to make sure the flakes aren’t piled up on the tray.
4. Place into a preheated oven at 150c or 300f for 20-30 minutes, but take them out every 5 minutes or so and stir them, which will get the coconut evenly toasted on all side and prevent them from burning.
5. You’re after all the pics to be golden brown and crunchy, not soft. Turn the oven off, leave the oven door open slightly and leave to dry out for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely, and I mean completely. These flakes must be kept in an air tight container and they’ll keep for up to 2 weeks, but if you don’t let them cool they’ll develop moisture and go soft.
6. To serve, you can simply use almond milk but if you’re feeling a little more indulgent mix your almond milk with some heavy cream and use that instead. Its a delicious keto breakfast alternative for those who are bored with them same old thing in the morning and great also as a snack during the day.