This easy, one-bowl gooey and dense pineapple cake will be your new favorite. Especially when topped with cream cheese icing, toasted shredded coconut and chopped nuts. Yummm!
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (optional)|
|Cream cheese frosting:|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put all the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix all of the cake ingredients together.
4. Pour into a greased 9X13 inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes (until the top is golden brown).
6. For the frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until creamy.
7. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
8. Blend until frosting is mixed well.
9. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting while still warm.
10. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
11. Serve and Enjoy!