Looking for a gluten free, delicious, luxurious, almond-y cake? This is the recipe for you then! One bite will make you feel as though you've been transported to a quaint cobblestone alleyway of Paris. Le sigh.
|Greek yogurt||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1/2 (zest only)|
|Almonds||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , toast|
|Powdered sugar||1/2 Teaspoon (for dusting)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, greek yogurt, and sugar until smooth.
3. To that add the baking powder, salt, almond flour, canola oil, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
4. In an 8 in cake pan liberally spray with a nonstick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment. Spray the parchment as well.
5. Pour in the batter and put into the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through.
6. Once cooked let it cool slightly before turning out onto a plate. You might need to run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake.
7. To the top of the cake add fresh grated orange zest, sprinkle the toasted almonds on top, and dust the top with powdered sugar.
8. Slice, serve, and fall in love!