The Old Cookbook My Favourite Recipe published by the Stayner Sun around 1938. We're going to bake a recipe called a gumdrop cake.
|Seedless raisins||1 Pound|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Gum drops||1 Pound (cut in small pieces)|
1. Preheat oven to 120ºC (250ºF).
2. Place raisins in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
3. Drain and allow to cool to room temp.
4. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Cream in eggs one at a time.
6. Stir in applesauce and raisins.
7. Mix in 1 cup of the flour.
8. Mix baking powder and salt into remaining flour.
9. Slowly mix remaining flour into the batter.
10. Mix in gumdrops.
19. Bake in a 9x9 cake pan for 2 - 2½ hours.
20. Cool Down. Serve and Enjoy!