I tried this cake for the first time at New Year's Eve and was blown away. The cake is made with 100 semolina, no flour and special ingredients like cashews, pumpkin preserve, rose water, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, lime zest and vanilla. You can tell why this is really special!
|Unsalted butter||125 Gram (room temp)|
|Broken cashew nuts||200 Gram|
|Cinnamon powder||1/2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Rose water||1 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom essence||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin preserve||100 Gram|
|Grated nutmeg||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lime zest||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the semolina till it is warm and fragrant and then take off the heat for a few minutes.
2. Add the butter and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites till stiff and leave aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the egg yolks and sugar till creamy.
5. Fold in the semolina & butter mixture and fold.
6. Add the honey, cashew nuts, cinnamon powder, vanilla & cardamom essence and rose water.
7. Add the pumpkin preserve, grated nutmeg and lime zest.
8. Fold everything together.
9. Fold in the stiff egg whites.
10. Scrape into a prepared pan and bake for 1 hr at 350 F.
11. Halfway through cover with foil and continue baking.
12. Serve and enjoy!