Learn to bake these cakes.
|Meyer lemons||1 Pound|
|Whole almonds||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350°F).
2. Butter and flour a 9” springform pan.
1. Cover lemons with water, in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Remove lemons from pot and allow to cool, before slicing open to remove seeds.
4. In a food processor, grind almonds until they resemble cornmeal.
5. Place nuts in a bowl and stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Pureé lemons in the food processor.
7. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale yellow.
8. Stir in lemon purée, almond and vanilla extracts.
9. Stir in the almond mixture.
10. Beat the egg whites to form firm peaks.
11. Fold egg whites into the batter.
12. Transfer the cake batter to the prepared pan.
13. Bake until edges of cake begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, this will take about an hour.
14. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
15. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
16. Serve and Enjoy!