Moist white cake filled with pineapple, then topped with pecan cream cheese frosting. This Elvis Presley Poke Cake will have you all shook up! And it's one of those cakes that only gets better the more time it sits. You can't help but fall in love with this cake!
|White cake mix||1 Box|
|Crushed pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , softened|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Bake a white cake according to package directions in a 9" x 13" prepared baking pan. We really like Duncan Hines brand but any white cake mix brand will work. Cool and poke holes in it. I've always used the end of a wooden spoon to poke the holes. Poke as many holes as you like but make sure they are spaced out across the top of the cake.
2. In a small saucepan, boil crushed pineapple with juice, 1 cup white sugar, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract for a few minutes.
3. Then pour pineapple mixture over cooled cake. This will fill up the holes that you've poked in the cake.
4. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Add vanilla extract and pecans.
5. Mix thoroughly and spread evenly across the top of the cake.
6. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before serving. Refrigerate overnight to give the cake the best flavor.
7. Refrigerate any leftovers. Can be served cold from the fridge or heated for a few seconds in the microwave.