This cherry dessert recipe uses cherries left over from our Black Cherry Soda Pop recipe. But you could use either fresh cherries or frozen cherries to make this.
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt/Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
2. Grease a 9" cake pan and line with parchment paper.
3. Mix cherries, sugar and butter in the cake pan and place in oven for 35 minutes.
4. When cherries are cooked remove pan from oven and lower oven temp to 180ºC (350ºF).
5. When the topping is cooked, make the cake:
6. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Cream in the eggs one at a time.
8. Whisk together dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
9. Alternate beating in yogurt and flour mixture.
10. Mix just until last of flour is mixed in.
11. Transfer batter to cake pan.
12. Bake for about an hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
13. Unmold while still warm.
14. Serve and Enjoy!