Do you ever get tired of pumpkin pie or pecan pie on Thanksgiving? No, me neither. BUT, this is an amazing addition to the classics! It's so easy to make and has all the flavor of the holidays in it. Happy Thanksgiving!
|Fresh cranberries||12 Ounce|
|Apple||1 , peeled ((sliced))|
|Orange||1 ((Zest and juice))|
|Light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1/4 Teaspoon ((1 tsp for the fruits and 1/4 tsp for the sugar and cinnamon mixture to sprinkle on the batter))|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon , divided ((in total))|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((Plus 1 tbsp extra for the sugar and cinnamon mixture to sprinkle on the batter))|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Pound ((melted and cooled))|
|Sour cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl add the cranberries, sliced apples, orange zest, orange juice, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and pour into a 10 inch pie pan.
3. In another bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and sour cream until combined.
4. To the mixture add in the flour and salt until combined and pour the batter over the apples and cranberries making sure to spread it over the top.
5. In a little bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
6. Put into the preheated oven. Let it cook for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. Check it at 45 minutes!
7. Let it cool slightly before serving with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!