Just 4 ingredients to make an easy homemade alfredo sauce for dinner tonight. The whole family will love this over your favorite pasta, topped with chicken or shrimp, and served with a side salad.
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Bring cream cheese and butter to room temp.
2. Measure a cup of milk. Measure 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan. Make sure you use just the jarred kind because if you use the more fancy one it comes out more lumpy.
3. Cube or cut cream cheese and butter into bits.
4. Place cream cheese and butter in a saucepan on low heat.
5. Add the milk when the cream cheese and butter starts to melt. Keep stirring for 5 mins.
6. Then add the Parmesan cheese in. Stir until smooth.
7. Don't overcook, it will be a little lumpy and thick. If you want a thinner sauce just keep adding a 1/2 c of milk at a time until you get your desired consistency).
8. Serve and Enjoy!