Pasta alla Gricia Recipe Glen Makes White Amatriciana - Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen if you've been following along you will have seen us cutting up the pig and you'll know that we made our own guanciale. I've got a bunch of Pasta recipes that I want to use this guanciale in and today's recipe wasn't one of them... But today I'm really busy and I decided to make Pasta alla Gricia.
1. Prep the pot to cook the pasta - bring lightly salted water to a boil.
2. In a large slope sided pan, over medium low heat, start to gently render out the guanciale.
3. When the guanciale is ½ way cooked, start cooking the pasta.
4. Raise the heat on the guanciale to start browning it.
5. When the guanciale is browned, add ¾ -1 cup of the pasta water.
6. Stir the water into the fat to start making the sauce, and add the pepper.
7. Continue cooking and stirring the guanciale until the pasta is ¾ cooked.
8. Transfer the pasta to the guanciale pan, and shake / stir vigorously.
9. Add half the cheese and continue stirring, when cheese is incorporated add the rest.
10. Add extra pasta water if needed to make a thick luscious sauce.
11. Finish with extra cheese and pepper as you serve.