1936 Sour Cream Raisin Cake - Welcome Friends! Welcome to another Sunday morning and our old cook book show. Today we're going to do another recipe out of the Walsh County cookbook, published in 1936. This is from Walsh County Grafton North Dakota and today we're going to do a sour cream raisin cake. I really like sour cream cakes they get all of their fat from the sour cream, they're usually really moist and have a nice texture.
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Small , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. Mix sugar and sour cream into beaten egg yolks.
3. Stir in soda, salt, and spices.
4. Mix in the flour, add raisins and food in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Scrape into a greased 9x9” cake pan.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a tester just comes out barely clean.
7. Let it Cool. Serve and Enjoy!