How to make a 1936 North Dakota Apple Cake Recipe. Welcome Friends. Welcome back to Sunday morning and another edition of our old cookbook show. Today we're going to do something out of the Walsh County cookbook from the Walsh County Record in
Grafton North Dakota. Now this was originally printed in 1936 it's a community cookbook these are recipes that were submitted by residents to the newspaper between 1933 and 1934 printed in this book in 1936.
|Butter/Lard||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Strong cold coffee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped apples||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, soda, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
4. Beat the eggs one at a time into the butter sugar mixture.
5. Alternate between mixing flour and coffee into the butter mixture.
6. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and apples.
7. Scrape into a loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
8. Let it cool. Serve and Enjoy!