1936 Cobblestone Apple Pie Recipe This apple pie recipe is from the 1936 depression era cookbook by Crisco.
|Plain pastry shell||1|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash pare and cut apples into quarters
2. Remove the cores.
3. Line a pie pan with plain pastry, pinch with fingers to make a fancy edge and fit apples into it to represent cobblestones.
4. Pour the sugar over them and dot with small bits of Crisco.
5. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
6. Bake in a quick oven (425ºF) 10 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to moderate oven (325ºF) and bake 20 minutes, or until apples are tender.
8. Serve and enjoy!