Looking for the easiest dessert to impress everyone with? Well, this is it! One of my favorite desserts of all time is bananas foster but since it's Fall I decided to try it with apples! Oh, am I happy I did. Its heaven in a bowl.
|Apple||1 , thinly sliced|
|Brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Spiced rum||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla icecream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a skillet over medium high heat melt the butter.
2. To the melted butter add in the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and grated fresh ginger. Let it cook for a minute or two.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and add in the sliced apples and let it cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Once the apples have cooked add in the spiced rum. VERY CAREFULLY with a lighter light the rum- it will cook off in a couple of seconds so don’t worry!
5. After all of the alcohol has cooked off and the flame is gone take off the heat.
6. Spoon the apples and some of the sauce into a bowl filled with ice cream and serve immediately!