Learn how to make Apple Pie , a yuumy and tasty pie recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food!
Pies are loved by everyone and it's a treat when they are filled with the goodness of apples. Follow Chef Anushruti as she takes you through the recipe of the delicious, soul -satisfying Apple Pie!
|2 Cup (32 tbs)
|3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
|1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
|2 Tablespoon (for the glaze)
|To Taste (for sprinkling)
|For the filling:
|1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a bowl, put in the flour, salt if using, baking powder, soda and sugar and mix well with a whisk.
2. Mix in the cold butter and using a pastry blender or with your hands, cut the cold butter into the flour by rubbing the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. You could also use a food processor to do the same. 3. Mix in the yogurt and knead gently until the mixture comes together to form a ball. Use a few drops of cold water if the pie dough feels a little dry. Don’t knead the dough for more than a few seconds. Cover the pie dough with cling film or foil and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
4. In a medium sized saucepan, place the apples, sugars, lime juice, cinnamon powder and the water, reserving 2 tbsp of water for later use and cook on medium heat until the apples are cooked through.
5. Once the apples are cooked, mix the cornflour with the reserved water to form a paste and add this paste into the apple mixture. Cook on low heat until the liquids thicken and form a smooth mixture. allow to cool.
6. Pre heat the oven to 200C/430F.
7. Bring out the pie dough from the refrigerator and roll out two-thirds to line an 8” (20 cm) regular pie dish. Make sure that the dough is quite cool when you roll or else it would tear. Prick with a fork all over and place in the refrigerator for ten minutes.
8. Place the pie dish in the preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the pie base is lightly golden brown in colour.
9. Remove the pie dish from the oven, cool for a about five minutes and place the prepared pie filling over it.
10. Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie. Seal the edges over the already browned prebaked pie dough by making a fluted pattern with your fingertips or with the help of a fork. Make some slits in the centre of the pie for air to circulate while the pie bakes. This also prevents the filling from turning into a soggy mess.
11. Give the pie a milk wash, by brushing the top of the pie with milk, sprinkle some sugar all over and bake again for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the pie is golden brown.
12. Cool completely before cutting and serving a slice of this gorgeous pie!