Bite-sized pecan pie balls are one absolutely delicious (and easy) dessert!
|Pecans||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Graham crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Bourbon||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate bark||7 Ounce|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine first four ingredients in large bowl. Add maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla.
2. Use your hands to make sure all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Almond extract can be subbed for non-alcohol version... add water to equal liquid amount. You can also try non-alcohol rum flavoring.
3. Form balls by scooping a tablespoon size amount of mixture.
4. Roll in hands to form balls.
5. Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 2 hrs.
6. Melt chocolate bark in a double boiler or microwave per directions on package. Dip frozen balls into chocolate. Then place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Optional: Sprinkle a few grains of coarse sea salt on balls before the chocolate sets.
8. These freeze well. Take out of the freezer and let sit for 15 minutes. They are also good frozen!