A layer of fresh apples coated in cinnamon sugar sandwiched between flaky and buttery crust, topped with vanilla glaze. Mom's flat apple pie is a fall dessert recipe you need to make ASAP!
|Shortening||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||3 Tablespoon|
|Granny smith apples||10|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powered sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||3 Dash|
1. Mix ingredients for crust (which are the first 4 ingredients on the list).
2. Roll out half of the dough to fit a cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle with Corn Flakes.
4. Place sliced apples on top of Corn Flakes.
5. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of apples. Dot with butter.
6. Add top crust to cover.
7. Beat egg white and sugar and brush on top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top of the pie crust.
8. Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 mintues.
9. Mix powered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to make a thin frosting. Drizzle over hot pie.
10. Serve and Enjoy!