Welcome Friends. Welcome to another episode of the pop show. On the episode where we made celery soda, I had a bunch of people ask me if I'd ever had cucumber soda. I have had cucumber soda, and the thing about cucumber soda that I don't like is that it's overpowered with mint. I thought what can I do to use cucumber and make it something that I want to drink?
|Cubeb berries||1 Teaspoon (about 1 1/2 g)|
|Acid phosphate||To Taste|
|Soda water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Juice the cucumbers; you'll need about 600 mL of juice.
2. In a mortar, pestle crush the juniper, cubeb, and long pepper.
3. Add the juice, and crushed aromatics to a pot and gently heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat and steep for about 20 minutes.
5. Strain the liquid and then add back to the pot with the sugar and bring to a boil.
6. Boil until the sugar is dissolved.
7. Chill the syrup and keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
8. Mix the syrup at about 1 part syrup to 5 parts soda water.
9. Add Acid Phosphate at about 1-2 teaspoons per glass.
10. Serve and enjoy!