Another recipe on soda pop.
|Water||500 Milliliter (2 cups)|
|Sugar||425 Milliliter (1 3/4 cups)|
|Dried sarsaparilla root||115 Gram (4 ounces)|
|Dried birch root||30 Gram (1 ounce)|
|Citric acid||5 Gram (1 tsp)|
|Soda||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water and sarsaparilla root, birch root to a low simmer.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and let it steep for 30 - 45 minutes.
3. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, discard the roots.
4. Add the sugar and salt to the liquid; place back on the heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Take off the heat and stir in the citric acid.
6. Store the syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
7. Mix 1 part syrup to 3-5 parts soda water depending on your taste.
8. Add a little Acid Phosphate to the mix to even out the flavour.
9. Serve and enjoy!