How To Make Naturally Carbonated Ginger Beer At Home. The process of making a wild yeast ginger beer or naturally fermented , naturally carbonated ginger beer is pretty easy once you've made the ginger bug.
|Ginger bug||200 Milligram|
|For ginger bug:|
|Organic ginger||125 Gram|
|Sugar||150 Milliliter (about tbsp)|
|Water||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
FOR GINGER BUG:
1. This is at least a 5 day process.
2. Day #1: Chop up 25g of unpeeled organic ginger and place into a container with 500 mL of water along with 2 Tbsp of sugar. Stir or shake.
3. Day #2: Chop up 25g of unpeeled organic ginger and place into the container along with 2 more Tbsp of sugar. Stir or shake.
4. Day#3 - #5: Repeat as above.
5. By day #3 you should see some bubbles in the mixture, this lets you know it’s working.
1. In a blender or food processor grind the ginger with a bit of the water from the recipe.
2. Pour the ginger and all of the water along with the sugar and spices into a heavy pot and bring to a simmer.
3. Simmer for at least 10 minutes, but up to 30 minutes is great, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
4. Turn off the heat, cover and allow to cool to room temp.
5. Once at room temp strain out the solids through a (cheesecloth lined) fine mesh strainer.
6. Mix in the ginger bug.
7. Pour into sealable bottles or jugs that are ‘pressure rated’ - Beer or pop bottles are great.
8. Let stand on your countertop at room temp for 1-3 days, depending on the level of carbonation and alcohol** you are looking for.
9. Refrigerate and enjoy!