Are you looking for a low sugar (but still sweet) oil free (but still super moist) Home made bran muffin recipe? Then this 1938 Depression Era Bran Muffin Recipe is for you! The recipe uses dates, but you could easily make these as a raisin bran muffin.
|Full fat sour cream||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|White sugar||125 Pint (1/2 cup)|
|Egg||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Baking soda||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Bran||500 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Dates||6 , chop|
|Salt||2 Milliliter (1/2 tsp)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. Combine sour cream, sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Mix flour and baking soda, then mix into sour cream.
4. Mix in bran, salt, and dates.
5. Portion into a 12 cup muffin tin, and bake 20-25 minutes
6. Serve and enjoy!