If you're after a quick baking recipe then this is for you! Beautiful shortbread like cookies with strawberry jam filled centres.
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) , softened|
|Caster sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour just until incorporated.
4. Using a tablespoon of mixture, roll into balls and onto a paper lined baking tray.
5. Use the end of a wooden spoon to push a hole nearly to the base of the biscuit dough. Fill hole with jam of choice and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.