The perfect dessert you can make ahead of time and with only a few ingredients!
|100 Gram (((70% Cocoa)))
|Freshly ground coffee
|1 Teaspoon (((For Dusting)))
1. Firstly, lets talk about the chocolate. You must use chocolate with at least 70% cocoa, preferably dark because those roasted cocoa flavours go so well with the coffee, use any brand you want - just make sure its 70%.
2. Now into a saucepan over a medium heat, add in your cream, freshly ground coffee and caster sugar or superfine sugar. Whisk until combined well, then switch over to a spatula and continue to stir until the mixture almost reaches a boil.
3. Break the chocolate block into pieces and place in a heatproof jug, now pour over that hot coffee & cream mix, you’ll start to see the chocolate melt into the cream. Stir really well until all the chocolate has broken down and melted and you have this thick creamy texture, like between a light mousse and dense fudge. I know that sounds strange but trust me, this dessert is both light and dense at the same time!
4. I serve these in see through coffee cups, you can really switch up the sizes as you see fit, its a really rich dessert so down go to big. Small Espresso cups are perfect for this.
5. Now place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours or overnight, making this dessert perfect for dinner parties because all the work in done in advance.
6. For that capichino look, into a small bowl add in some whipping cream, powdered sugar or icing sugar and a touch of vanilla extract. Mix until firm but don’t ever whip it. Place on top of the cup and dust with cocoa powder.
7. And there you have it, a dessert that looks and tastes amazing with its dense creamy mousse texture that you serve and know that everyone will be leaving your dinner party completely satisfied! Enjoy!