Low carb and no added sugar, this delicious chocolate spread is stunning!
|Hazelnuts||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted coconut oil/Avocado oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cacao powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered erythritol||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. So lets start with the hazelnuts, I’ve roasted them and peeled the skins and just place them in a food processor. Now I roasted them a little darker because I like the flavour but you can just lightly toast them or to your liking - you can also buy pre roasted hazelnuts from the stores which will save you even more time.
2. So process the hazelnuts until they completely break down, you want a thick paste texture like soft butter.
3. Next I’m adding coconut oil, this is just my preference because of the gloss it gives to the spread but you can also use avocado oil if you wish. Again mix well in the processor until combined, this time it will be much smoother in texture.
4. Now add in the vanilla extract, the powdered sweetener erythritol and finally some cacao powder for that rich chocolate flavour.
5. Process this for 6-8 minutes, scraping down the sides every few minutes so you don’t get any lumps, and then simply pour it into containers ready to use.
6. I keep this in the pantry in a sealed container and it will last days. It makes for great keto ice cream toppings and anywhere else you feel like some Nutella without the guilt. Enjoy!