Yes finally! Keto Cookies Cream Ice Cream that is perfect for those looking a low carb ice cream recipe.
|1 Cup (16 tbs)
|1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
|1 Teaspoon ((gluten free))
|Heavy whipping cream
|2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)
|Unsweetened almond milk/Coconut cream
|1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. So were going to make our own cookies that are kept friendly of course, into a bowl add the almond flour, then add the cocoa. I use organic cacao powder, as you can see its perfect for a recipe like this and has a deep chocolate flavour which is great.
2. Add the powder to the almond flour, add your sugar substitute - I’m using stevia, then baking powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Whisk the dry mix well making sure you have most of the lumps out, theres nothing worse than biting into a chunk of baking powder. Now lets bind it together by adding coconut oil, gently mix that through you’ll notice the mix will start to clump and get very dark, and finally add the beaten egg. Again incorporate this well until you have this thick batter consistency.
4. Place the batter into a square cake tin lined with baking paper, and then flatten the dough out with a spatula, you want it about 1cm thick which will give us a nice cookie crust but softer interior. Place into a preheated oven at 180c/350f for 8-10 minutes. Take out and leave to cool completely before crumbling the mix into a bowl. Once you’ve got your cookies pieces just place them aside while we work on the ice cream.
5. So into a large bowl add your cream and whisk well until it has become thick. You can do this in a machine or by hand. To sweeten the cream, add powdered stevia, almond milk and a touch of vanilla extract. Whisk well until combined.
6. Now pour the cream mix into your ice cream churner, these are so cheap now and I really recommend you buying one for the kitchen its an amazing gadget to have all year round. Now leave it to churn for about 15 minutes, you’ll see the ice cream get this soft serve consistency and thats when you’ll know your done.
7. After churning, mix through the cookie pieces and crumbs. Transfer to a container and then place in the freezer for several hours to further firm up.
8. If you like your ice cream soft like this then its ready to eat straight away. If you’re keeping it in the freezer, before you eat it just take it out and leave at room temperature for 5-10 minutes just to soften slightly. It’s creamy, delicious and easy to make and nothing beats homemade ice cream but the greatest part is the guilt free factor in this recipe, if you’re on a keto diet this is your sweet craving salvation!