This Brown Sugar Cake is so super simple and easy to make. It's a classic combination of caramel flavors, in a moist rich cake.
|Butter||120 Gram (125 mL / ½ cup)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||340 Gram (375 mL / 1½ cups)|
|All purpose flour||280 Gram (500 mL / 2 cups)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Baking soda||2 Milliliter (½ tsp)|
|Coarse salt||2 Milliliter (½ tsp)|
|Pure vanilla extract||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Buttermilk||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Grease a 9” round cake tin and place a parchment disk in the bottom.
3. In a stand mixer cream together the brown sugar and butter.
4. In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
5. Once the butter/sugar is fully creamed, add the eggs one at a time.
6. Mix in the vanilla.
7. With the mixer running on low, spoon in half the flour mixture; mix to combine.
8. Then add in half the buttermilk; mix to combine.
9. Then add the remaining flour and buttermilk; mix until just combined.
10. Put batter into cake tin and bake 40 - 50 minutes, until the cake tester comes out clean.
11. Cool in the tin before releasing.
12. Serve and enjoy!