This Molasses Spice Ginger Cake recipe is made with the leftover ginger form our Ginger Beer recipe. Filled with the subtle flavours of ginger and spice, this super moist and rich cake recipe is a great way to use up the leftovers form another recipe.
|Butter||180 Gram (13 Tbsp / ¾ cup)|
|Water||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Fancy molasses||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|All purpose flour||350 Gram (625 mL / 2 ½ cups)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Baking soda||10 Milliliter (2 tsp)|
|Sugar||200 Gram (250 mL / 1 cup)|
|Ginger||145 Gram (5 ounces, leftover from our Ginger Beer Recipe)|
|Eggs||2 (at room temperature)|
1. Pre heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Grease and line a 9" round cake pan with a parchment paper disk.
3. In a pot on low heat; mix together the butter, water, and molasses.
4. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
5. Once the butter is melted and the molasses is fully incorporated, remove from the heat.
6. Whisk in sugar and ginger.
7. Whisk in the eggs.
8. Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into this batter.
9. Pour the batter into the cake pan, and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a tester inserted into centre comes out clean.
10. Let cake cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen it from pan.
11. Invert cake out of the pan and peel off parchment paper.
12. Place upright on a rack and allow to cool completely.
13. Serve and enjoy!