Everyone loves these delicate clothespin cookies! Flaky, yet soft cookies with a smooth and creamy filling, these cookies melt in your mouth. A deliciously sweet and buttery cookie to add to your holiday dessert plate, try making these clothespin cookies this Christmas season.
|Oleo||16 Tablespoon , softened|
|Crisco||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Warmed milk||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Marshmallow creme||8 Ounce|
|Sifted all||purpose flour|
|Sour cream||1/2 Pint|
1. For the dough: Cut oleo into flour and sugar mixture. Add egg yolks and sour cream.
2. Mix well.
3. Shape into a long roll. Wrap in waxed paper and store in refrigerator overnight.
4. Take a small portion of the dough at a time and roll out on a floured board, about 1/8 inch in thickness.
5. Cut into strips of an inch wide and about 4 inches long.
6. Wrap around a wooden clothespin.
7. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for approx. 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned and not doughy. Keep your eye on the time, each oven is different.
8. For the filling: In a large mixer, add oleo, Crisco, sugar, and vanilla. Cream for 10 minutes. To that mixture add warm milk and marshmallow creme and whip until sugar dissolves. Chill filling in refrigerator at least 2 hours, it makes for easier filling.
9. With a pastry bag fitted with the appropriate attachment, fill the cookie shell with the filling and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
10. Serve and Enjoy!