This 1938 Dad's Oatmeal Cookies Recipe, may not be THE original Dad's Oatmeal cookie recipe... But these are great home made cookies! We'll be exploring the whole Dad's cookie history in a future episode.
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fine oatmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Makes about 55 cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Cream butter and add sugar slowly.
3. Cream in eggs, then syrup, then cocoanut.
4. Mix spices and soda into flour.
5. Add flour and oatmeal alternately into butter mixture.
6. Portion and roll into small balls.
7. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!