A simple step-by-step guide on how to make the ultimate baked savoury Cheesecake that will make your next lunch or dinner party perfect!
|For the cheesecake base:|
|White bread||85 Gram (Fresh, about 3oz)|
|Unsalted butter||45 Gram (about 1 1/2oz)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the cheesecake filling:|
|Full fat cream cheese||100 Gram (3 1/2 oz)|
|Roquefort cheese||75 Gram (2 1/2 oz, or similar cheese)|
|Double cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For the roasted tomatoes:|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|For the basil oil:|
|Basil||30 Gram (1 oz)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||75 Milliliter (2 1/2 fl oz)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190c/375f. Butter the fluted bases and sides (I used 8cm/3inch flan tins).
2. For the cheesecake base, put the bread onto a food processor or blender and whizz until it has turned into fine crumbs. Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a saucepan, tip in the breadcrumbs, season and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the flan tins, pressing down with the back of a spoon to ensure an even layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the base is golden - keep watch as it can overcook very easily. Keep the oven on for roasting the tomatoes.
3. For the filling, cream together all the ingredients and divide the mix between the flan tins. Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and just set. There should be a slight wobble when you shake the tins. Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tins.
4. Split the tomato vine so there are 3-5 tomatoes per person (depending on size). Place them on a baking tray, drizzle over some olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until the skins start to blister.
5. Meanwhile make the basil oil, place the basil leaves in the blender along with extra virgin olive oil. Pulse until the mixture is moving freely, if you over blend it, it can turn the leaves brown. Strain through a sieve and leave aside for plating.
6. To serve, place each cheesecake on a plate, top with the roasted tomatoes and drizzle around the basil oil. Serve immediately.