Original Creamy Burnt Basque Cheese Cake Recipe - This Cheesecake goes by a bunch of different names: Basque Cheesecake, tarta de queso La Vina, La Vina Cheesecake, Burnt Cheesecake, Spanish Cheesecake, Burnished Cheesecake, - by any name the basque burnt cheesecake recipe that Chef Santiago Rivera has invented is great!
|Cream cheese||1 Kilogram|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Salt||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|35% heavy cream||200 Milliliter (cold)|
1. Preheat oven to 260ºC (500°F).
2. Line a 10" springform pan with crumpled parchment paper.
3. Cream together the cheese and sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Beat in the salt, flour, and cream.
6. Continue beating until the mixture is thick and homogenous.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
8. The top of the cheesecake should be dark brown and the centre should jiggle like it is completely liquid underneath.
9. Cool for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
10. The texture should be soft and fluffy around the exterior while soft and gooey in the centre.
11. Serve and enjoy!