These slow cooked cheesecakes are perfect for stress free dinner parties!
|For the base and cream cheese mix|
|Ginger cookies||100 Gram|
|Cream cheese||375 Gram|
|Sour cream||180 Gram|
|Superfine sugar||110 Gram|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the rhubarb|
|Rhubarb||1/2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Superfine sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1 (keep the peels for garnish)|
1. So to start with, into a food processor add in your ginger cookies, you can of course make your own but this whole dessert is about convenance when you are dinner parties with friends.
2. Process the cookies until they resemble fine breadcrumbs, then add in melted butter. Process again which will bring the mixture like a wet sand consistency.
3. Place in the bottom of glass pots and press down firmly and leave aside.
4. Into the mixing bowl, I’m going to add in softened cream cheese along with sour cream which I find really stops cheesecakes from getting overly sweet.
5. Add in caster or superfine sugar along with vanilla bean paste or extract. Add in the yolk of an egg and zest one lemon into the mix as well. Mix on high for several minutes until smooth and combined.
6. Place the filling into the glass pots onto of the cookie base, then wrap tightly in foil.
7. Place the wrapped pots into the slow cooker, pour a small amount of water in the base, cover and then place on high for 1 and a half hours.
8. While the cheesecakes are cooking, make the topping - in my case I’m roasting rhubarb, I know many people don’t try rhubarb these days but you really should, its wonderful flavour goes so well with cheesecakes. Drizzle the sliced rhubarb with fresh orange juice, scatter over some caster or superfine sugar and then place into a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for 20 minutes. Leave to cool and get thick and jammy.
9. By the time the cheesecakes are ready, just take off the foil and spoon over the sticky rhubarb on the top and place over some steamed orange rind along with the rhubarb cooking juices.
10. And there you have the most amazing dessert that packs so much flavour and is a real winner for those dinner parties you want your friends leaving on a yummy note.