Pieces of Guava Cheese also known as Perad or a Guava candy is folded into a cheesecake batter and poured over a crumb base. This is then chilled for a couple of hours. Guava jelly is prepared and cooled and poured over the set cheesecake. More pieces of Guava cheese are sprinkled over top.
|Oreo cookie crumb||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||500 Gram|
|Marscarpone cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||300 Milliliter|
|Gelatin||14 Gram ((2 pkgs, dissolved in hot water))|
|Guava cheese pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided ((for topping also))|
|For guava gelly:|
|Lime||1/2 , juiced|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Food colouring||1 Drop|
1. Mix the butter slowly with the Oreo crumbs till they are moist and spread it into the base of a lined 10-inch springform pan and pack it down and chill for 20 mins.
2. Beat the cream cheese and add in the mascarpone and condensed milk.
3. Mix the gelatin with hot water and allow to cool.
4. Add the sugar and beat and drizzle in the gelatin, mixing slowly.
5. Fold in the Guava cheese pieces and pour this on top of the base.
6. Give the pan a tap to release any air bubbles.
7. Chill for 6 hours to overnight.
8. To make the jelly, pressure cook the guavas for 3 mins (longer time if not fully ripe).
9. Puree the fruit and press it through a sieve.
10. Measure the paste and add it to a pot with the same quantity of sugar.
11. Add the lime juice.
12. Mix till the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to thicken.
13. Add a tiny drop of red or pink food coloring.
14. Allow the jelly to cool and pour over the top of the cheesecake and spread.
15. Add some more Guava cheese pieces.
16. Set for another 30 mins.
17. Serve and enjoy!