So we all deserve a treat now and then, so why not make this delicious cheesecake!
|Kit kat wafers
|1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
|1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)
|3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
|2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1. So to start lets get on and make the cheesecake base. Into a saucepan over a medium heat melt down the unsalted butter, then your chocolate. Now Im using dark chocolate, just because of its richer flavour. Stir and gently melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
2. Take it off the heat and then add in the other cookie base ingredients starting with the cocoa powder, caster or superfine sugar, a pinch of salt and whisk until combined.
3. Now crack in the egg, and incorporate that also. Finally add in the flour and gently fold through, you’ll end up with this glossy cookie dough that is just so rich and heavenly.
4. Place the batter into a lined cake tin, I use a square one because it fits with the kitkats but you could use any shape tin really. Spread and even out the cookie base to all side and flatten down.
5. Now lay down the KitKats over the cookie base and press down slightly, you can swap out the KitKats for any chocolate bar, its really up to you and what your favourites are.
6. Leave it aside for the moment while we get started on the cheesecake layer.
7. Into a mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, along with caster or superfine sugar and mix until creamy. You wan the sugar to dissolve into the cream cheese, the easiest way is doing with electric beaters but you can do this all by hand if you need to.
8. While the beaters are still running add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix this for another 30 seconds until they are incorporated well and just go around the bowl with a spatula just in case there are any clumps of cream cheese.
9. Pour over the cream cheese onto the kit Kats and spears out to all sides and flatten out evenly. Place the tin into a preheated oven at 180c or 350F for 35-40 minutes. You want a golden brown top thats cooked all the way into the middle. Leave it to cool completely, as tempting as it may be to slice into it, leaving it cool will make it much easier to take out of the cake tin.
10. Slice into and serve, as I said if you’re going to treat yourself once in a while this is the way to do it, what could be better than adding all 3 together and enjoying every blissful bight!