A simple step-by-step guide on how to make the ultimate Strawberry dessert that will make your next dinner party perfect!
|For the sable biscuits:|
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||75 Gram|
|Superfine sugar||100 Gram|
|For the syllabub:|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Double cream||300 Milliliter|
|For the strawberry coulis:|
|Fresh strawberries||150 Gram|
|Confectioner's sugar||50 Gram|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||200 Gram|
|Icing sugar||To Taste (for dusting)|
|Mint leaves||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to 200c/400f.
2. To make the biscuits, mix the flour, butter, sugar, lemon zest and egg yolks together in a bowl or food processor until a soft ball of dough has formed. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out thinly between to layers of baking paper to prevent sticking. Cut out 8 biscuits with a 7-8cm / 2 3/4 - 3 1/2 inch pastry cutter and bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
4. To make the coulis, hull 200g / 7oz of the strawberries, leave aside for final plating. For the remainder of the strawberries puree in a blender with icing sugar and lemon juice. Pass through a fine sieve and chill the mixture until required.
5. For the syllabub, combine the sugar, zest, juice from the orange and lemon and mix with the cream. Whisk until it forms soft peaks. Chill until required.
6. To serve, set down some syllabub on the plate and place down one biscuit, this will help stable the base. Pipe or spoon a few spoonfuls of the syllabub in the centre of the biscuit and surround with the hulled strawberries to make pillars. Fill with more cream and top with the another biscuit. Dust with icing sugar, spoon over the coulis around the plate and garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately.