Here is my little twist on Crispy Fish Tacos, and here is a secret... they're not fried.
|Chipotle peppers in adobo||2 Tablespoon , chop|
|For the chipotle aioli sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream/Plain greek yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|White tequila/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tilapia filets||4 , slice ((((lengthwise inch pieces))))|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose seasoning||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided|
|For the garnish|
|Savoy cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs) , shredded|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) , dice|
|Fresh cilantro||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Red onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Limes||2 Small , wedged|
|Pico de gallo||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees.
2. Chop the chipotle peppers, fresh cilantro, red onion and mince the garlic, dice the tomatoes and shred the cabbage, keep everything aside in separate bowl.
3. Cut the lemons into wedges, set aside.
4. Slice the tilapia fish into lengthwise about ½ inch pieces.
5. In a bowl combine chipotle peppers, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper and tequila, mix well and refrigerate.
6. In one bowl combine the flour and 1 tablespoon of Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
7. And in the second bowl combine the eggs, water and ½ teaspoon of Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
8. In the third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons of Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
9. Coat the sliced pieces of the fish in the flour, shake off the excess flour, and coat the fish with the egg mixture.
10. Finally coat it with the panko breadcrumbs and shake off the excess crumbs.
11. Place the fish pieces on a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes.
12. In a baking sheet pour 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil, arrange the fish pieces on the baking sheet and brush it with olive oil.
13. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on one side and then flip it over and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
14. While the fish is getting baked, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil and warm up the tortillas on each side until they become flexible.
15. Once the fish is cooked, place the fish on each tortilla and top with all the garnishes along with Pico di Gallo and chipotle aioli sauce.
16. Serve the fish tacos along with some extra chipotle aioli sauce and Enjoy!
Calories 655Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 298 mg12.42%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5240Calories from Fat 2936
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 320 g492%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2384 mg99.36%
Total Carbohydrates 440 g146.4%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 160 g320%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet