A Mexican Style Pizza with homemade carnitas, spicy sauce and a thin cracker crust!
|Flour||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Warm water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry active yeast||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork chorizo||5 Ounce|
|Red onion||1 , coarsely minced|
|Garlic clove||4 , mince|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , deseeded, cut into medium dices|
|Red wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||4 , chopped finely|
|Mexican oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Peeled plum tomatoes||28 Ounce ((1 can))|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Queso fresco cheese crumbled||2 Tablespoon ((as needed))|
|Queso anejo||2 Tablespoon , grated|
|Red onion slices||15 Gram|
|Cooked meat||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((leftover Carnitas used in the recipe))|
|Avocado||1 , slice|
|Mexican cream||1 Teaspoon|
1. In mixer with dough hook on, add warm water, oil, salt, sugar, and yeast. Mix until yeast is dissolved.
2. Add flour and mix well for 3-4 minutes. Add more water if the mixture is too dry.
3. Into a greased bowl, transfer the dough, cover with saran wrap and pop it in fridge for 24 hours.
4. Remove the dough from refrigerator an hour before use and let it come to room temperature.
5. For sauce, place a skillet on flame and brown chorizo in some olive oil.
6. Add onion, and garlic. Stir and cook until translucent.
7. Season with salt and black pepper.
8. Add jalapeno pepper, red wine, basil, oregano, tomatoes, and water. Stir and bring it to a boil. Reduce it to a simmer, stir occasionally to break down tomatoes and cook for 40-60 minutes or until you get the desired consistency.
9. Remove the skillet from heat and allow the sauce to cool.
10. On floured peel, roll dough and cut to fit the pizza stone.
11. Using a fork, pierce hole on the surface of dough, to prevent bubbles while baking. Fold the sides to make rim around the edge.
12. Spread sauce generously on dough and sprinkle cheese, red onion slices, and leftover Carnitas.
13. Preheat oven to 450-500 degree F.
14. Sprinkle cornmeal on hot pizza stone and place pizza on it. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts.
15. Decorate hot pizza with avocado slices, cilantro, and cream, cut in wedges and serve hot.
Calories 556Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 924 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3336Calories from Fat 1026
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184.8%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5544 mg231%
Total Carbohydrates 438 g145.8%
Dietary Fiber 42 g168%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 120 g240%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet