This Sri Lankan curry is spicy and intense and is perfect used on it's own but I also like to use it in a Kothu roti. In this recipe, chicken is sautéed with onions chilies, curry leaves, ginger garlic and spices and submerged in pureed tomato.
|Diced onions||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green chillies||2 , slice|
|Curry leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boneless chicken||1 Kilogram (about 2 lbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||4 Tablespoon (roasted Sri Lankan curry powder)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , blanched (pureed)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat some oil and saute the onions followed by the green chilli and the curry leaves.
2. Add the chicken, salt to taste followed by the ginger & garlic paste and tomato paste.
3. Add the spices and mix well to coat the chicken – leave this for a few minutes without stirring so the masala can coat the chicken.
4. Stir the chicken as it continues to cook.
5. Add the blanched tomatoes and the water and stir again and cook this for 5 – 7 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
6. Note that the cooking time will increase for bone-in chicken.
7 Serve and enjoy!