Learn how to make Chicken Bhuna Masala at home with Chef Smita on Get Curried.
Chicken Bhuna (or Bhuna Chicken depending on what you call it) is a dry curry which means the masala clings onto the chicken rather than watery gravy, try our recipe of Chicken Bhuna Masala for your friends and family.
Chicken Bhuna Masala is the famous Indian chicken dish and considered as a lighter version of takeaway favorites. Boneless chicken pieces are smeared in tomato-based gravy and cooked in the fresh fragrance of ginger, garlic and Bhuna masala. Chicken Bhuna is a popular dish all around the world and can be seen almost in every Indian restaurant's menu.
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Ginger||1 1/2 Inch|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Red chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seed powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (beaten)|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||To Taste|
1. Let’s start with heating up the Oil in the Pan then add Cinnamon Stick, Black Cardamom, Green Cardamoms, Peppercorns, and Cloves sauté it for few seconds.
2. Now add Ginger (chopped), Garlic Cloves (chopped) and Green Chillies (chopped).
3. Next, sauté this for a minute on a high flame, then add onion (chopped) and Salt. Now mix it all together and sauté till the onion turn brown.
4. Next, add Tomatoes (chopped), Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric powder and Coriander Seed Powder then sauté it for a minute.
5. Now add the Chicken and sauté this for five minutes on a high flame, then add Garam Masala Powder and Yogurt (beaten). Again sauté it for 5 minutes on a low flame, then add Coriander Leaves (chopped) on top.
6. Next, cover it and let it cook for 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
7. After 20 minutes remove it in a serving bowl then garnish it with Dried Fenugreek Leaves and your Chicken Bhuna Masala is ready to serve.